- Honorary Consuls
- General Information about Luxembourg
- Useful Adresses
Londres > Passports >
Biometric passports were introduced in Luxembourg on 28 August 2006. They are valid for two years for children under 4, and for five years from the age of 4. Biometric passports are not renewable.
Please note that applicants will be fingerprinted from the age of 12, therefore must apply in person at the Luxembourg Embassy in London.
Please call the Luxembourg Embassy on 020 7235 6961 to book an appointment
5 year passport – the requirements are:
- A completed and signed application form. Married women MUST sign their application form in their maiden name
A Luxembourg identity card or a valid Luxembourg passport as proof of nationality.
If the applicant has neither, then a ‘certificat de nationalité’ will be required (please contact the Service Indigénat, L-2934 Luxembourg, Tel. 00 352 247 84 5 32 / email email@example.com).
- One passport size photograph (45 mm x 35 mm). The photo must comply with the standards set by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization). The photo should be recent, in colour, of good quality, shot frontally, mouth closed, 70% to 80% of which are occupied by the facial image itself. Please refer to enclosed matrix for further help.
- Two utility bills as proof of residence in the UK (except for students who need a registration letter from their UK university)
- If married, a marriage certificate
- For minors (under the age of 18 years): a declaration signed by the parents that the minor lives with them and a birth certificate. However, if the parents are divorced or separated, a copy of the legal document relating to the separation or divorce showing that the child resides with the parent countersigning the child’s application form
- A proof of bank transfer of the Passport fee of 50€ (see hereunder)
2 year passport for a child under the age of 4 - the requirements are:
- A completed application form signed by one of his/her parents
- A ‘certificat de nationalité’ for all newborn babies (please contact the Service Indigénat, L-2934 Luxembourg, Tel. 00 352 247 84 5 32 / email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A birth certificate
- One photo (same requirements as above)
- Valid Luxembourg passport of the Luxembourg parent(s)
- a declaration signed by the parents that the child lives with them
- If the parents are divorced or separated, a copy of the legal document relating to the separation or divorce showing that the child resides with the parent countersigning the child’s application form
- A proof of bank transfer of the Passport fee of 30€ (see hereunder)
Before lodging your application at the Consulate, please transfer 50 euros (for a 5 year passport) or 30 euros (for a 2 year passport) to the account below:
Name / Account title: Trésorerie de l'Etat - Bureau des Passeports
Address: 43, Boulevard Roosevelt, L-2450 Luxembourg
Account no: IBAN LU12 0019 1255 2241 8000 / BIC Code: BCEELULL
Bank name: Banque et Caisse d'Epargne de l'Etat (BCEE)
Country: Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
Please mention: "Demande de passeport biométrique au nom de "first name / last name"
(The Consulate is not responsible for any additional fees you may encounter.)
Alternatively, applicants may now pay for their passports online.
When opting for the online method of payment, please remember to bring proof of payment with you when coming to the Embassy for your passport appointment.